Friday, February 17, 2012

Time Warp

I feel as if I am in a time warp. My children are becoming little men before my eyes. Cody, like I mentioned before, is coming out of his shell, if I we had known 3 years ago, we may have had a different little boy on our hands. Shane is SO smart, like spelling tests at 100%, math score above 90% and it does it all without trying. And Casey, my baby, who is starting to become a little boy in front of my eyes, a temper tantrum thowing, crawling, smiling big boy.

I feel as if it was just a year ago that C was a baby and I was a first time mom learning to navigate this little man I had been given. I remember for so long after having him, he didn't seem real. I was waiting for someone to come and take him and thank me for watching their baby. But no one did, this was my baby. Then I was a new mom trying to figure out how to handle a newborn and a 14mo old, how to give them the constant love and attention they commanded. How can they be 8 and just about 7? And my baby, wasn't I miserably pregnant just a minute ago? Now I have a 9 month old.

It feels as if I have been sucked into a time warp, but really it is just the passing of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment