Monday, May 2, 2011

Almost there....yet so sad

In the final stretch of this long journey....well at least with the journey of prengancy (let's face it, in motherhood there is never a final stretch!). It's hard to believe in a bit less than 2 weeks, I will be a mom to 3 earth angels!

Lately, as my belly has been more obvious to my patients I have been getting the standard questions...

When are you Due? May 25th, but I'll be having the baby before then due to issues I have.............Really!! WOW, good luck!
Do you have any other children? Yes, 2 boys, they are 6 and 7
Are they excited? Yes, they both can't wait to love on this baby
Do you know what you are having? A cheeseburger.... No we like the good old fashioned surprise.........Good for you, back when I had my kids we didn't have such things, so every one was a surprise.
Well maybe this one will be a girl! And if it's not, it's not like I can send it back!!!! (this one gets me a little upset...everyone assumes I WANT a girl and would be dissapointed if it is not)

No matter what, I love this baby. Having a girl means trips to American Girl in NYC, passing on my dolls (the 4 orginal ones!) and getting adorable dresses. It also means hormones, teenage years, periods, BOYS and a father that will want to lock her away like repunzel to protect her from all of the above. Having a boy means I know what is to come, I have the toys and clothes and the experience for a boy. I already have 2 Mama's boys, but always have room for 1 more in my heart!

As for my sadness...regaurdless of what gender this baby is, it will be my last. The drs, nurses and my own body have said this is it. Then again so has hubby!!! LOL! Which is why I am so sad.....this means an end to the excitement of a new life growing inside of me, the last kicks I will feel, the last time we can call everyone with the news of the arrival. Makes me sad. Either that or my hormones have already started to go out of whack!


I'm sure my next post will be the arrival of my little Apple!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment