Thursday, January 27, 2011

Pregnant with baby Number.............LAST!

So as promised I will post about my pregnancy.

Randy and have always wanted a 3rd, esp with the boys being so close together I really feel as if I missed out on so much with baby-ness. we knew we had to wait until the boys were older as daycare for 3 would KILL us. We talked about trying after our Disney trip, but then the baby would be due in the Summer and I did NOT want to be pregnant in the summer. I figured if we tried right before Disney I would be due in the early Summer and I would jsut have to deal with being pregnant in Disney and HOPE I didn't have the nausea I had before. I had an i-phone app that tracked my cycles and told me when I was ovulating. The only thing regular about my cycles is that I am ALWAYS irregular. We did the deed ONE time during the 'green' zone on my phone. Of course I couldn't wait to see if it worked. Having never tried to get pregnant before (every other time was a surprise!) I was sure that it would drive me crazy.

I tested one day and By Golly, there was a slight 2nd line...that was it, I knew I was pregnant. Fertile Mytrle ME! I am VERY grateful that getting pregnant has never been an issue for me. I have so many friends who struggle with infertility and I almost feel bad that I can get pregnant so easily.

I called my OB, told them the news and they told me to have fun in Disney, I was early enough that any ride I chose to ride on would not harm the baby, they told me to make sure I was drinking and eating enough (were they kidding....I had reservations for meals made 6 months prior to our trip!).

We had a great time in WDW, and I only occassionally had nausea. One night it was bad enough for me not to eat most of my dinner, but that was ok cause Shane loved the French Onion soup at T-Rex! I was tired and a little bummed there was no alcohol on this trip (I have a friend who is a bartender in WDW and couldn't even have him make more more than a Cherry Coke!).

Pretty much when we came home it went down hill and this pregnancy became far from easy. I started throwing up....and throwing up.....and throwing up. I couldn't eat I as the nausea was so bad and when I did, I would throw up. The drs ordered oral Zofran, a anti-nausea med that they use for cancer patients. It helped....for about a week. Then I started feeling really awful and called the Dr. They ordered me a Zofran pump to be given to me thru a needle in my belly continusouly and diagnosed me with hyperemesis gravidarium...meaning SEVERE nausea and vomiting in pregnancy. At this point I had 20 pounds in 3 weeks, I was in ketosis (meaning my body no longer was getting 'new' nutrition, but was using what I had in stores). Randy urged me to eat for the baby, but what he didn't understand at that point the baby was getting EVERYTHING I had and I was getting nothing, so there was no need to eat more (to only throw it all up later).

Around Thanksgiving I was able to get rid of the pump!!!! I had started eating, was no longer in ketosis and could keep food down. I still wasn't gaining weight, but I hadn't lost anymore either. I was finally thinking I could enjoy this prengnacy rather than think "What were you thinking."

That feeling was short lived. I got a upper respirtory infection, sinus infection and tolsilitits in the beginging of December which made me feel yucky! Thankfully I had off of work for planned time off, too bad I spent it sick! Around this time I started getting short of breath, having heart palpatations and a racing heart. I saw the family dr who ordered a heart monitor overnight. I did that and waited for the results. I have had them i nthe past and they have showed my heart goes all over the place....40 beats (which is WAY LOW) up to 150 beats per minute. It just seemed like now it was staying high a lot more.

One day in addition to all that stuff I started with chest pressure. Being the nurse I am, I waited until I was done with seeing my patients, then called my dr who told me to go to the ER. Oh, YAY! They did some tests and sent me home, and told me to follow up with my dr the next day. The pressure went away and I went about my life. We got thru Christmas just fine. I was still dealing with the tachycardia but was learning to 'deal with it'. I had good days and bad days.

It was a bad day on the 30th. I felt awful but went about my day....until I woke up on the floor surrounded by 15 coworkers!

lunch break over...more later!

No comments:

Post a Comment