Saturday, January 29, 2011

So sick of eating the same ole same old

The title pretty much sums it up. Randy and I are tired of our standard meals so we have started internet crock potting!!!! My firefighter husband will not permit the crock pot to be on all day while we are at work, he has seen too many houses burn down from crock pots. So for us crock pot cooking is something only done on weekends. Well I guess once I start working weekends that will change as I will be home all week to cook....hmmmmm anyone have CP recipes to share. I tend to like EASY!

Two weeks ago we had pork chops

5 to 6 pork chops
1 med onion chopped
1 pkg of dry Ranch seasoning
1 pkg of dry brown gravy mix
1 can of cream of celery soup

layer pork chops at bottom, onions on top, dry seasonings over and the can of soup on top. Cook in crock pot 5 to 6 hours. We served over egg noodles.

I must say it was pretty good...a little salty, so next time I will try low salt soup.

Last weekend Randy made Chicken Cattatorie.....it really is too much for me to type out, so I'm sure you can google it if you like! It was ok....a little watery and needed salt. I was not a huge fan.


Today...pork chops again! The last ones came out SOOOO tender that I just had to have them in the crock pot again!!!

5-6pork chops
1 can crm mushroom soup (I used low salt jsut in case)
8oz of softened cream cheese
1/3 can of water
garlic
salt and pepper

Mix softened cheese, water, garlic and soup together. place in CP. layer pork chops on top. salt and pepper to taste. Cook for 5 to 6 hours.

Since this one is still cooking, I have no review, but will come back later to post.


UPDATE....so the last one was ok...it was missing something, but we can't figure out what jsut yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment